Am I no longer attractive?

My child's father and I have always have a very good physical relationship. But since I started pregnancy he's been less and less affetionate. And last night he told me he just doesn't find me attractive anymore. I mean I'm only like 11 or 12 weeks, and I'm showing I admit.. but how am I all the sudden no longer attractive? I always thought I was decently pretty, but now I'm not so sure. Is there anything I can do?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 9:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It must have been very hurtful when he said that. I am sorry. Since it is your second child he can't have found you unattractive forever. He has a right to have his own feelings, but he shouldn't be deliberately hurtful to you. I think I'd tell him that my feelings were hurt but that you believe he has a right to his own feelings. But then I'd smile to myself because I know that pregnant women are beautiful and that YOU are beautiful not only because you are glowing with your pregnancy but because you are a loving and caring person.

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i would tell your bf that he needs his eyes checked because pregnant women are pretty.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• How rude of him!! Your pregnant and you are beautiful! Look what you have growing inside of you. You should feel all glowy and pretty. Besides, he did this to you! Tell him how you feel. Make him look at you and your body, make him rub your belly. He'll get over it!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• how rude he sounds like a jerk some guys get like this cause they want that skinny girl forgetting that one you get a skinny girl pregnant she too will get a bit big just remember it doesn't last forever try talking too him and let him know what you feel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Not to upset you but the first time my BFF's ex felt the baby move he took off. He is somewhat in her life now tha her daughter is 4 but not much. Maybe he needs a big wake up call or you are better off without him. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• he doesn't care how I feel and he doesn't even want to know how the pregnancy is going right now. Is he just trying to push me away or is there more to it?
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 9:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I hear pregnant woman are beautiful much more beautiful than other women. My fiance loves the way I look. I am a little overweight, therefore you can't see if I am showing or not. But I know I am beautiful, whether or not he tells me. Just keep your self esteem up, because trust me others are looking. Or he could be afraid of hurting the baby.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Tell him "So, you think im unattractive because your son or daughter is growing in my belly..Part of you is growing inside of me and you find me unattractive. Excuse me but if you didn't stick it in me in the first place I wouldnt be giving you this wonderful gift of BEAUTY, not unattractiveness"

Babe, your a hottie...pregnant women are the hottest women around...my bf gets jealous because other guys tell me im sexy cuz im pregnant..so dont worry too much =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am sorry. Ignore him, you are beautiful. I find pregnancy to be extremely attractive! Is this his first child? Was it planned? Maybe he's scared, nervous, unsure, etc. Women get like that too... so try and ask him about the distance and how he feels about the pregnancy. Listen to his fears, don't jump all over him.

If talking doesn't help, and he's still an ass. Decide what to do! But try talking to him! Good luck!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• this is our second child. And thank you all for your support. I really am glad I joined.
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 10:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2009