does anyone know of any afordabe health insurance for adults

I need to have some testing done and I don't have insurance so I need to find something that is affordable. I've been putting it off for almost a year

jwinkler28

Asked by jwinkler28 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried AmeriPlan? I see it all over Cafemom and it is supposed to be affordable. I have someone on my friends list that sales it I could give you her name and you could ask her I do not know anyting about it. You had better make sure that whomever you choose will cover is since it is preexsisiting (sp) condition.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thank you for your help Lapcounter. I appreciate anything I can get. Thanks again
    jwinkler28

Answer by jwinkler28 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• TRY BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD U CAN GO ONLINE AND THEY WILL GIVE U A QUOTE FOR WHAT U R LOOKING FOR GOOD LUCK.
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 11:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have blue cross, it is about $100 per month maybe $120. I agree that if you have a pre-existing condition they usually won't cove it or your insurance my be more.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm an underwriter for bluecross blue shield, meaning I review these applications and decide who we will give individual coverage to. If you need to have testing done, you will be denied coverage. If you fail to disclose this on your application and get approved, there are systems in place to catch claims that come in on a brand new policy that red flag that policy for a misrepresentation review. They will pull your medical records and if it's determined you failed to disclose information on your application your policy will be recinded back to the original effective date, all premiums refunded, and you will be on the hook for every dime of your claims. This is pretty standard with all insurance companies. Just an FYI. In a case where testing needs to be done, your declined until testing is completed and results are in.
    Anonymous

• Thank you to everyone that answered my question. As additional info, I haven't been seen by a doctor yet so there isn't anything in my records showing anything. I haven't had the money to go so I just deal with it. But I'm tired of just dealing with it and I need to find the answers if not for me then for my kids and husband. Thanks again.
    jwinkler28

Answer by jwinkler28 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2009