What do you and your kids call "it"?

My daughter just got potty trained in the past few months and when we were teaching her to wipe we didn't know what to call it....well she came up with it's name on her own! She calls it her "front heiney"..... I think it's cute what little kids come up with!

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My boys call their penis a OOPEYDOOP, and I have a girl but we haven't come up with a name for that. We're thinking "muffin"?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• that's cute.
    my first called hers a coochie bear
    second caled hers a vergenie
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Vagina, although it comes out sounding more like "badora". In this house we only use real terminology, well sort of. We don't call it a vulva haha. No one is allowed to teach her a *pet name* for it. There are too many instances where children don't know the real word, get molested, and can't tell someone what's going on. I know a teacher who had this happen to her and it was months before anyone realized the girl was being molested by her father. It was sad.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I told my DD's what they actually are .Vagina,,,penis,,,,testicles,,,but,,,breasts...When they got older I told them the other names for them..

Answer by louise2 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I AGREE WITH CELTICREVERIE TRAINING STARTS AT HOME I HAVE 3 BOYS AND THEY GET THE REAL DEAL OUT OF ME.
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 10:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I always told my girls the real names for their parts, but my middle daughter called hers her "front butt", she could never remember vulva.
    trickortreat

Answer by trickortreat at 10:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son is 2 and calls it his penis. We don't want nicknames for it. Before he could really say penis, he called it his peepee and when he had to go number one just just said pee.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Boy, we use the proper word but he can't pronounce it and says "pee pee thing" which is accurate enough for now. Girls are harder. I want to say vagina but there is a lot in that area, if she says her vagina hurts or itches, we kind of need to know if it's internal, external-- maybe a UTI? I didn't even know the vagina was separate from the urine opening till I was 11, so separate words would make that clear.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son in his twenties now, he'd just love to know I'm chatting him up, his uncle knew he loved hulk hogan way back when. Well he got my son to poop in potty by calling it hulk hogan and teaching my son to flex his arms and push it out!!! So my son used to just say hulk hogan when he had to go we knew what he meant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my DD is only 2 1/2 and her language isn't good enough to get her to use proper terminology yet. When she gets bigger we will explain the proper words for everything....but for now "front heiney" is good enough for me!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2009