• In the Spotlight:

How do I tell my boyfriend I think we'd have ugly babies?

I found this article on MSN, and love it!! I selected my daughter's father because of his looks, not because of money. And, I don't regret it.

My sister, on the other hand, was looking for a life. Now he blames her for the kids (because our Jewish bloodline is "evidently not strong enough"- a genetic incompatibility blame), and for gold digging.

If this post seems snooty, please forgive and look past.

Skinny B

Can you blame me for the way the world discriminates? Do you agree with "Dear Prudence" like I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• You probably shouldn't tell him. It might make him think you were shallow and make him back off.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• what makes you think that you are going to have ugly babies with your husband? and you shouldnt pick husbands for money or looks but because you love them and want to spend the rest of you're life with them...
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 9:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You might be pleasantly surprised. Ugly adults make cute ass kids for some odd reason.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• looks are in the eyes of the beholder. what makes you think you're pretty. most kids into mid childhood ele. years look like their mother or father til make up and hair styles come in to use. rarely do people as a whole community say someone's ugly, a person's personality ugly yes but numerous people agreeing one person's looks are ugly - rarely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Last I checked beauty is only skin deep. Beauty is on the inner body. How can someone be with someone else with a nasty attitude but could be beautiful on the outside. We all have our picks but love is unconditional. Sounds like a conceided person, hopefully others will think different about her. That is absolutely ridiculous.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree with randi. I have seen some of the cutest kids come from the average to ugly parents and then some of the ugliest kids come from the most attractive parents. Its like it skips a generation or something....LOL....No really, I don't think you can even know what your kids are going to look like. I think its not important what they look like. Kids aren't to add to our our egos anyway. Although having a cute kid helps, but its not the ultimate goal. I don't think its something to really be putting that much stock in. Just live your life.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Telling him that is like telling him you think he is ugly.. That's wrong. Why are you with him if you think you two will have ugly babies?

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Beauty is only skin deep ,but ugly is to the bone,and sounds like that is what you are,not talking about you outward apperance,but if you are are already thinking your kids are going to be ugly,when you have them,and their looks are not to your standards,are you gonna tell them,they are not a goodlooking as the other kids? I would hope not,because I think you should be worried more if you will have healthy kids,more than ugly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• OMG i love the fact that she calls the girls personality out!!!!

If you cant stand to have a mans children and you are talking marriage (and children in the future)then you are waisting your time AND his. I think if someone doesnt want to have a child due to their mates lack of looks then they need to go out and find someone just as shallow as they are. I have seen some of the most beautiful children come from the most hidious parents (and yes they were biological).

I hope for the children's sake that who ever doesnt want children with an "ugly" mate doesnt reproduce cause thats just a horrible thing to instill in children...I didnt want children with your father cause he's ugly (could lead to)-->Dont play with johny down the street cause he is "ugly"

But hey on the bright side maybe the guy thinks the girl is ugly on the inside so maybe they cancel each other out from the rest of the world
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You don't tell him that. That is such a huge insult. On second thought go ahead and tell him, I have a sneaking suspicion he doesn't share your priorities, or you would have told him already. Tell him and give him a chance to be with someone who isn't so superficial, small-minded, and ready to have thier worth assessed based on the opinion of strangers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2009