what could this be?

my 6 year olds knees look deformed i have told his doctor and he mumbled something under his breath then said he would keep an eye on it and it could be just how he is built but last night my son was crying about his leg hurting i tryed to give him some meds for it but he wouldnt take it but he went to the bathroom and after he peed he was fine i dont know if i should take him to the er to get e rays or not he was fine this morning when i got him up for school to what so you think?

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Deformed in what way?
    Could he be knock kneed? Or bow legged? Is that what you mean or is it something else.
    I'm knock kneed... It kinda sucks and I used to get made fun of for it, but it doesn't stop me from doing anything that other people do, so it's not really a big deal.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i would have it checked out wendy
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• im thinking of taking him in deff will if he crys tonight
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yea i would
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well I would ask your doctor again to have it looked at and tell him that it's causing him pain. I would NOT go to the ER, that misuse and slowing down care for people who really are having an emergency... and nothing says they would do an Xray either.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You are your childs healthcare advicate. If you do not trust the doctor that he is seeing then you need to find him one that you do trust,your son can not do that on his own. If you express your concerns to the doctor and he "shrugs it off" you need to explain that you want a preliminary work up done. It usually only takes one time for you to stand up for your son for the dr to get his "act" together. In my opinion i would deffinitally not take him to the ER. For something like that it would be best for your regular doctor to see him, It is easier for follow- up and continuous care if you go to the same dr consistantly.My 3 yr old has the same issues. I give him tylenol and he goes back to sleep. The wont do much because the children are still growing. good luck.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 10:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009