birth control pill

im 41 goning back on birth control for side pain and irregular periods,and very heavy at times,need to no names of birth control and what it cost monthly .my insurance dont cover it.going to dr on friday but i want to no whats the cheapest why to go. im sure dr dont no.thanks for answers

postalmom1967

Asked by postalmom1967 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• i take orthro novum....i think thats the genetic brand name..ik have insurance and it is free i dont think birthcontrol pills are very costly unless you get something that isnt going to make u have a period or pms symptoms every month lol..u can also try calling ur pharmacist and asking them they would probably know better..and then u can use that iinformation and tell ur doctor that that is the kind that you want to go on so you can afford it and u shouldnt have ne probs getting a perscription
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 10:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If your doctor prescribes them for health reasons, why is your insurance not paying for them? I had been on one that was not one of the "preferred ones" on our plan, doctor wrote a note saying I needed for documented pain control (of the cramping) and they allowed me to get them, they were still $20 a month though.
    Have you tried to get pills through Family Planning/Planned Parenthood? They charge you based on your income. Yeah, you'd have to have your exam there, but if I could get my BC Pills cheaper I certainly wood! I currently pay only $10 under my insurance for Reclipsen, retail price is $26.99
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2009