Did he really butcher Johnny Cash??

Eh, Im bored and cant quite get Adam Lamberts American Idol performance out of my mind. Did he really butcher "Ring of Fire"???? Im confused... I love this kid, he's so good... but it was almost blashpemy. As much as I hated it, I cant quit youtubing it. Im with Kara, it left me confused, but kinda happy. What did everyone else think??? I was also suprised by Matt Giraurd and Chris Allen. Okay, chris wasnt like Amazing.... but my God.... I could eat him up.

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love him too. But I was a bit shocked. It wasnt country at all. But we all know that country isnt his thing! I think people will keep him around, because hes amazing, and he is not wanting to be a country singer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have really liked Adam but what he did to a Johnny Cash song is just wrong in my opinion. I like that he made a song his but Johnny Cash is a legend and you don't mess with his song. That and finding out he is really gay made him lose his sex appeal to me. I never really thought he was attractive but those eyes do tend to catch your attention. I have nothing against gay men, I love them. But it does change things a little for Adam.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I hated it! It was bloody awful and weird! I hope he goes home because i can't stand to see his crater face anymore, sorry! I loved Chris Allen and love the song he did. I never heard it before but love the lyrics. I love Matt Giraurd too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I knew it, he's gay? No wonder he was all over that mic like he was rubbing someone's penis! Nothing wrong with gay men, but that was strangely gay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yeah, he's gay. He never said anything about it until pictures came out of him and another guy kissing. He confimed it but said it shouldn't matter because he is an entertainer.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• im sorry but johnny cash is a ledgend and his songs should not be on american idol that is just sickening i dotn watch that show so no i didnt hear it but if i did id probably want to hit the guy for singing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I thought he was Bi...??? I have no doubt that Adam will be in the top two... Flaming or not, he is an amazing performer. He really stands out. So does Danny Gokey, and Allison, and Alexis Grace. It willl come down to Adam and one of the above mentioned. I really like him, but Im from the South, and well, he might as well have burned the flag. lol. But he did SOUND amazing. My niece, who has never heard the original song thought he did great, so looking at it from a fresh POV, he did sound good. Although nothing like NIN or Led Zeppelin. More like... The Darkness. (I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rythm of my heart...)
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't think it should matter to anyone that he's gay, but Damn! that version of Ring of Fire was awful! Johnny Cash is rolling over in his grave.
    trickortreat

Answer by trickortreat at 10:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree, I don't care if he's gay. That doesn't matter. But when you are from the South, you know better than to mess with Johnny Cash songs. They really should not have let him do that. He is an amazing singer. His range is incredible! I think he deserves to be in the final 2 but if he messes with another song like that, I might want him gone.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• OMG NO HE IS GAY? We were supposed to be married. I dont care if he is gay, or bi or w/e he is still SEXY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2009