feels warm

my 9 month old still feels warm to me. her temp is 99.0 with an ear thermonitor, she wont stay still long enough for a rectal temp, and she has a bad cough. she stopped playing with her ears. I have a doctors appt at 11:45 and i'm gonna ask my doctor to look at her, do u think its serious or just a little cold. she is teething, a toot is right at the surface ready to pop through could that be it?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Might be the tooth coming through. My 9 mo old got a runny nose, diarrhea and felt warm when she got her first 2 teeth. Could of been a virus like her doctor said but I don't think so. It lasted
    1-2 days. Hope she feels better soon.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The teething definitely could be it. Teething effects kids in so many crazy ways... Get her looked at just in case, at least you will know for sure and it will put your mind at ease - and if she has an ear infection or something else you can get it taken care of right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 99 degrees isn't really a temp for that age. my dd was 99.9 normal temp in the evenings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009