Baby Shower Question!

Ok, my cousins girlfriend was supposed to help me throw a baby shower for HER future sister-in-law who is also my cousins wife. GOT IT?!?! LOL! Anyways, she hasn't done ANYTHING to help and the party is Saturday. She called yesterday seeing if there was anything she can do. Nope!

Anyways, I'm not a big party planner and the couple of showers and kids birthdays I have done seem to be so similar and I really want to have either a game or SOMETHING that is OVER THE TOP to make it a really cool shower for all to remember! ANY IDEAS MAMAS??? THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• For my baby shower we had a luau theme and everyone wore Hawaiian shirts, and we put lies on everyone when they came in and had luau music playing in the background. If you are doing a traditional baby shower have a mommies wisdom well, where everyone fills out a note card of their best advice for the new mommy put the cards in one of those flip through photo albums after and give to her. Also you could play some lullaby music in the background. I hope this helps.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Great ideas, Rebecca!

Not an idea for the shower, but for baby showers I wrap my gift in one of those flannel receiving blankets instead of wrapping paper. I tie with w pretty ribbon and it makes a fun and usual wrapping.

Answer by Bmat at 11:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• the "smell the diaper game" is a fun game. you get 10 diffrent candy bars metl them and but them in 10 diapers and have everyone guesse what in the diaper. it is SO much fun. paper word sramble is fun and makes u thing. and makes a list of baby words and have ur guess but a story together in 5 mins. that was ALOT of fun and funny to hear what people put together. hope it helped.
    1stimemommy1742

Answer by 1stimemommy1742 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh and the cant say "baby" game. when people walks in you can make a necklace of just a satfy pin wtih color for boy or girl and if someone says baby the person that catchs them get there pin whoever has the most pins at the end of the shower wins
    1stimemommy1742

Answer by 1stimemommy1742 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009