My son has started waking up in the middle of the night again...

He had an ear infection about 2 weeks ago, had some trouble sleeping all night then with coughing and all. Now, the infection is gone and every other night he is waking up around 3 or 4 am crying (not screaming or anything) so I get him and put him in bed with me and he just wants to lay and hold my hands and play with them. He won't go back to sleep. Eventually I get tired of this and put him back in his bed and he just goes back to sleep like nothing ever happened! I think he's playing games with me! What do you think? And how can I make this stop if just standing over his crib and patting his back doesnt get him to calm down and go back to sleep?

aidengrant07

Asked by aidengrant07 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmm....its hard to answer this if he is playing or insecure about something. BUt I will try. Um, has anything been going on that would be upsetting him?
    Maybe getting him a stuffed animal for him that will keep him safe thru the night if he is insecure about something, talk to him, or make sure he is going to sleep happy, thats all I can think of, hope it helps. Good luck.
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009