Does anyone ever feel like another woman is copying her everymove?

Ok so basically I am stepmother to my husbands 3 yearold son, and we have full custody. I have been in his life every since he was 3 months old, he sees him mom only every other weekend and once a week...

Anyways... basically I just dont know what to do she duplicates every single move I make. From tickets to a show to socks even to buying the same pets!

Should I say something or let it go?

kmbrox

Asked by kmbrox at 11:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with LoriKeet...

Pretty sure I'm not in your specific scenario, but my best friend, Josh, dated this girl Chrissi for 3 yrs and cut me out because I'm a girl. I respect that, to an extent, and never crossed her. Josh and Chrissi broke up, and she went straight to my XF of 7 yrs. XF used his dad's credit to buy her a car... They broke up, and now she's dating one of DH's best friends and got his 1st inital tattooed HUGE on her forearm...

Matching dogs, matching car, now matching haircut. I gave up a long time ago...

I would, I'd let it go. So what if she wants to be like you, think about the one really weird girl that always tried to follow the popular girls around at school/work... that's all it is. And I'd say as long as she's not threatening you or SS, I wouldn't worry about it. Let her be petty. She'll end up laughed at, not you.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• let it go she thinks you are doing a good job.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Maybe she thinks what you're doing is working and she wants to be like that... I can't imagine someone else raising my children, I mean a stepmom, that would have to hurt.... I'm sure there are reasons for her not having her child but she might just want to try to be a good Mom... Just a guess...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• She probably just wants the kid to have the same things at her house that he has at yours so that he feels comfortable.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would take it as a compliment.. she probably feels you are doing a great job! ( consider her feelings.. you are the "full time" mom and that has to hurt and make her feel a little second rate) She could also be trying to keep things similar between both houses so that yall's son feels comfortable. Dont read too much into it. At least she mirrors what you do and doesnt try to under mind you and put yall's son against you. Good luck! God bless!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009