one of us is not going to make through this day.

I have a 2yo a 1yo and a 2mo. My 2yo dont listen for sh**. My 1yo and 2mo girls just want to cry all day unless them are being held. I cant get anything done. How do I stay calm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sorry not to sound mean but try focusing on your kids not cafemom if you are having this much trouble with them i dont understand why you are online instead of trying to get tehm to behave
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Take a deep breath, find something for 2 yr old to do, even watch TV. Then hold babies, maybe they'll purk up when everybody calms down. Sounds like 2 yr old may be making them that way. The 1 year old may be thinking, I am staying w/ mom so I don't get in trouble cause 2 yr old is apparently in trouble.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Deep breath! I had my kids close in age too but I had 5!!!
    You just really, REALLY have to be patient. They all just need attention.
    I know it's hard to give them all undivided attention but try as much as you can to spend time with them. Give them activities to do. Put your 2 month old in a snuggly/sling and mess around with play-doh, read stories, coloring books, An hr of tv can't hurt either while you do hat you have to do. Good luck! They do get older :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• can you go for a drive to a park we used to do that the fresh air makes everyone calm
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Stop worrying about getting anything done around the house. If you have a DH/SO. Wait tell he gets home from work ..Let him look after the kids so you can go do something else. Or see if a family member can help you.

Answer by louise2 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't hold them when they start crying. you have to try it afew times until they get use tothat, if you cry mommy is not going to hold you. play with them and dont worry about your dishes or any thing like that. when the 2 month old sleeping then do your house stuff. and please start using condom.lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• First,take a damn valium,lol! Kids sense stress so ya need to chill a lil bit. Then turn on some music and just have a lil fun with them!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Breathe Momma! Walk away for a bit if you have too. Keep in mind that your 2 yr old is not out to get you she is just being a 2 yr old...don't call it terrible twos for nutin! Find something new for her...playdough in the highchair. Stand her on a chair at the sink and let her wash tupperwear. You really have your hands full. Put the little on in a swing, or the dryere always worked for me with new borns...on it not in it of course! They love the vibrations and the heat. Put your 1 yr old on the floor in the kitchen and sit with him/her and get out all the pots and pans. Or if it is nice take them outside. Nothing wears them out like fresh air. Do you have a friend near by with kids...or not that can come keep you company...give a helping hand? Pm me if you need a shoulder.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ask the two year old to make funny faces at the baby or dance around to some music that you can handle. If that is working, sit down and cuddle the one year old. Then switch off kids like that. Pay alot of attention to them. Let them do something that is a big treat, something they don't get to do very often. And I agree with Anonymous about getting away from the computer!
    sarajstone

Answer by sarajstone at 4:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• OP here

First thanks to the moms who gave helpful hints. That is what I needed.

Second First anon. Who do you think you are I have not even been on cafemom in months because I have had my hands full. I just needed help. Stop being a bi*ch and go somewhere. Oh did you notice The TIME difference between when I wrote this and responded. I havent been on here sence I wrote the darn thing because I have been trying to stay calm.
    Anonymous