Do you or have you sent your kid to bed without dinner because they weren't behaving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• No but i've sent her to bed without dinner because she wouldn't eat what I gave her for dinner. She eats a good breakfast on those days! I have put her to bed right after dinner though for bad behavior if I know she is just tired.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Never. I'm so concerned with food becoming some crazy issue with my daughter that I try to never use food or eating as any type of punishment or reward.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• This is my personal opinion no I would never do that, that to me is a form of child abuse and that is something that child will never forget!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• that is so 80's
    who does that nowadays?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thats kind of cruel, How about time out or spanking? Starving a child is just wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If my kids complain about whats for supper then I will tell them its what I fix or nothing, I don't see anything 80"s about that.... They will eat or be hungry but they will sit at the table with us with food on their plate and be a part of the family... Eventually they eat, and I have to say they don't do it more than once...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my friends lives in a farm. She told her son to fed the horses and said he did. So later she went to check on the horses and she saw that they did not get their food. So she went back in the house and said dinner time. When her son came to the table she told him I already fed you. He said what! I haven eaten. She kept saying yes I feed you. Than he got it. He went to bed with no dinner that night.
    That is not abuse it teaching him not to lie.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I send my son away from the table. After he thinks about it (like a minute) he comes back and eats. Also, I do not reward my son with sweets if he doesn't eat what I have out for him. It is you can have this when you finish this. Children will eat if they are hungry. In no way do I feel it is abuse. To me giving only sweets to a child for nutrition is abuse.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Gammie- and it is teaching him that animals need to eat just like we do. :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I child won't starve if they miss dinner one night. I've been sent to my room before, and stayed there all day, missed dinner and everything. I'm fine.
    My 3 yo went without dinner last night! He didn't want to eat, and it was close to bed time, so I said "Either sit and eat your dinner, or go ahead to bed" He said "Otay, I go night night" and went to bed LOL .
    I probably wouldn't send him to bed w/o dinner in a different situation though. If he was older and really acting up, I might make him eat by himself either before or after everyone else eats, so that he gets he's still being punished.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009