Does anyone else's baby love to spit their food back in your face?

My daughter loves her food. She'll eat whatever we give her, but she has a nasty habit of spitting. She'll put the food in her mouth and then spit it across the room at whoever is feeding her. Actually she only does it to me, my father and her father have never had this problem. Does anyone else's baby do this? How do I get her to stop?

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter just started actually spitting. I tell her no and stop feeding her. in about 10 minutes i try again and if she does it again i just repeat.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yes. She would wait until she got a big spoon full and then blow rasberries! I would put my finger in front of her mount and say no, but not make a big deal. wait, then give her some more. Eventually she outgrow it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• ew! thats cute though- well, not for whoevers face it is! my son doesnt do that, BUT he does sneeze alot when I'm feeding him, so I get sprayed with the food. yuck
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son didn't really spit when he was being fed but like another poster said their baby sneezed a lot and so did my son. Now he's old enough to feed himself everything and he has learned how to spit. He will spit his food and drink out especially his drink a lot these days. He'll be 2 on Sunday so this isn't something I'm thrilled about him doing. He will go days and weeks not doing it and then periods of doing it at every feeding it seems. We tell him no and will take away what he has at the moment and we have started time-out also. Not the same situation I know.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 11:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it is a phase of a baby's life... enjoy it!!!i took lots of pictures and videos of this moment cuz i looked at it as a milestone.... if you stop a child from doing there milestones your child is gonna be behind and wont develope...it is not necesaryily she is spitting she might be blowing out or trying too.... it will pass just be thnkaful she is learning
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 11:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• BTW if you m,ake a big deal about it she will do it even more
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son doesn't spit. He did a few time and I told him "NO" if he did it again we were done eating. He hasn't spit since.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009