Do you have Aldi near you?

If not, what is a good equivalent discount grocery store that you shop at?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yep =] We shop there every two weeks, when my boyfriend gets paid. It saves us at least $50 every shopping trip.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh yeah! I love Aldi! Everything there is so cheap. You can leave with a buggy full of groceries for under 50 bucks. All of there brands of food are good too.
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yeah but their stuff is like cheap brands I never hear of
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• just opened, I went once, I think with coupons and sales at meijers or kMart...just as good. nasty bagging and cart process!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yep I love it, it is a pain in the butt to bag everything wioth kids runing around but cheap and it's still good food too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I usually go once a month or so to pick up some things when they have a sale. For example, this week a 5 lb bag of potatoes was 99 cents. Also they had a 3 pack of green peppers for 99 cents. I don't normally buy fresh meat there, but I will buy other things there.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 2:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• there is but I don't go a lot, because I don't like some of their food and they don't have a lot. The brands that they have are exclusive to Aldi's. They have the best "cheeze it" type crackers. Their produce is pretty good too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We have several Aldi's around us. I don't often shop there though. Just about ten minutes down the road is a Amish town that has a Save A Lot. I love that store. The prices are about the same as Aldi, but they carry name brands too. And there fresh meat and produce is fresh and cheap. Other than that I go to walmart and just buy their brand. Costs just slightly more. Luckily Save A Lot is closer.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The "cheap brands i never heard of" are usually the same product from the "name brand" companies. The only reason they have a different name is so the company can give the same product to you for a much better price.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 1:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009