What do you do when your little one falls asleep while you are shopping with a shopping cart?

When you are on a long shopping trip like at Target, Walmart or IKEA and your
1-4yr. old falls asleep what do you do? Do you put them in the back of the cart? Do you keep them sitting and hold their head up? Do you give up and go home? Please give me ideas of what you do in this situation. Thanx

thenewmanhouse

Asked by thenewmanhouse at 11:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep a small blanket in diaper bag and when little one falls asleep, use the blanket as a pillow to prop up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well, mine has never, ever fallen asleep in public. Not even as a tiny baby.

What would I do if she was a kid who could? I'd still be using my shopping cart seat cover since it's padded and has an attached pillow.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I lean forward and let her head rest on my chest. I look like a hunchback, but at least she gets a little powernap in!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 12:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son is so on a routine that we don't go out when he naps (after lunch time) Even if we just HAVE to go shopping or something, he won't fall asleep in the cart. (Even as a little baby, he never fell asleep in a jumper or anything so I could take funny pictures.) Anyways, if I did have a child that would sleep like that, I have a cover for the cart and would just wad up his blanket as a pillow.

I actually saw someone the other day whose child must have fallen asleep, so she turned her daughter sideways in the seat part and had blankets all around her, so she was spread out a little more. You would just want to keep a close eye on the child in case they woke up since they aren't strapped in.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009