Anyone have a good pesto recipe?

K.C.0305

Asked by K.C.0305 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Go buy the ready made kind. I would buy a name brand one though, not generic. I have tried making it before and it is fun to do sometimes, but you need LOADS of fresh basil and unless you grow it, it is very expensive to buy that much.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Also-you can go on Foodnetwork.com and get recipes.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My whole family loves this one:

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    1 cup packed fresh spinach
    1 cup packed fresh basil
    3/4 cup pine nuts
    1/2 cup walnuts
    24 small black olives
    4 cloves garlic
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
    1 cup olive oil
    1 dash black pepper

DIRECTIONS
    In a food processor, blend spinach, basil, pine nuts, walnuts, olives and garlic. Blend in Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese. Gradually add oil, processing until smooth; season with pepper. Serve at room temperature.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pesto-Del-Sol/Detail.aspx
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 1 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, and a couple grated garlic cloves (depending on how much you like). put it all in a food processor, and viola!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I've made it before and GMR is right, you need so much basil its ridiculous, so unless you have 10 giant basil plants at home, I think its more expensive to make than buy...plus you need pine nuts and parmesan, also expensive. If you can find Buddhapesto Pesto it is the BEST I have ever tasted and I have tested TONS of pesto, I am drooling just thinking about it, its just so good. Here's a link.... http://www.buddhapesto.com/index.html
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• heres mine:

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
    1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
    3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

-combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
    -slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor. add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
    -makes 1 cup.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009