Are you planning a family vacation this year? Where are you going?

Portland, Maine and Albany New York

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lewes, Delaware. The place has grown up a lot in recent years, but it is a pleasant little resort town with a nice beach.

Answer by Bmat at 12:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• At this stage, I might have to say, staying home for a week or two would be my vacation. We travel on business and are gone about two-to three weeks out of the month. Sounds fun, but it's not always.
    Anonymous

• Galtlinburg and hiding out in a cabin in the woods!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We are renting a chalet in the mountains of Pigeon Forge, TN. (in May) We can't wait! There are three families going and the place we rented has three master bedroom suites. Each of the couples will have a room with our own jacuzzi tub! We are so looking forward to it and SO NEED a vacation! We have 52 days until we leave! Yes, I'm counting them down!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We're(my SO, son, and I) going to the lake, maybe sometime in June so we can swim and have a picnic. It's an hour away. Nothing too big but we look foward to it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We want to go to Disney in Florida.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 12:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We probably won't take a big vacation this year...but we will camp at least one weekend a month. Hopefully we can get the time to take a week and go camping in CO or the mountains of New Mexico
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I work for a swimming pool contractor so summer is really hard for me to get away. His work is also fairly seasonal so we can cruise in Feb or things like that. We do have a pool however so I call that my "staycation"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Going to Branson next week! :0)
    peasntatersmom

Answer by peasntatersmom at 2:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yellowrose - I'm a native of Maine! Born and raised there most of my life! I grew up in Kittery and we lived in Shapleigh with our children for a few years. I miss Maine so very much! What will you be doing in Portland? Will you be stopping in Kittery for some shopping? If you like to eat lobster and happen to have one while you are up there, please think of me. :)

We hope to go to the Luray Caverns in VA this year.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009