School Pics

Does anyone else hate school pictures? I never like ours...ever! They never fix anything and she always look stiff and ackward. I just got the new ones last night and her shirt (which is supposed to hang out) is caught in her jeans and all bunched up. I would think the teacher would stand by and straighten them alittle. I faked it in front of her and said how cute they were but I would rather not buy them and go somewhere and have something decent done. Anyone else hate school pics?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree for the money we spend on them its better to go and get a couple poses of them and pick the ones you want

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 12:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sorry, I have to say that ours usually come out pretty good. The kids get them taken twice a year and I usually like the spring ones better because the back ground is something fun. Our kids get to decided how they want to pose for their pictures and I usually talk to the kids about it before hand.

Sorry you have had such a bad experience. I would be honest with you DD and let her know that although you think she looks cute, you are not a huge fan of the pictures. Let her know that you would just like to go somewhere else to have them taken.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I, for the most part, have been ok with my son's school pics. The one time that I wasn't happy, I had him go to retake day and they turned out fine.
    ZacsMomm

Answer by ZacsMomm at 12:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• In the age of digital cameras no school picture should be a bad one...they can just do it over but they never do. I have stopped buying them because I have an awesome camera and can do better myself and cheaper too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We don't buy school pictures anymore. Not only do they come out too dark, but my children look like they walked in from a tornado and they are too darn expensive!!!
    I take them to the photographer studio in Wal-Mart, pay about the same cost that the schools charge, get a ton more photos, and the poses, backgrounds, and my children are gorgeous.
    No more school pictures for us!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009