• In the Spotlight:

Would you

use a used bed? My DH's sister's friend just bought her a new bedroom set and is getting rid of her queen bed (our's is curently a full and very uncomfortable). WOuld you take a used bed? Why or why not?

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would from people that I know and trust, but not something off the street or at a garage sell, ect.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Bed mites, stains from you dont want to know where.. just NO!
    Anonymous

• The mattress & box spring,, NO. The bedroom set yes. Unless I was down and out financially

Answer by louise2 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No, I'm sorry to say. I'd take the headboard etc, but not the mattress or box spring. It wouldn't be worth the chance of getting the mites or dust or so forth. Better, for the sake of family peace, to just thank them and say no.

Answer by Bmat at 12:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yes. its no different than sleeping on a hotel mattress. you don't know who slept on those before you. i used to live in a furnished apartment. that's what mattress covers and sheets are for.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We have and what you can do is spray the mattress and boxsprings down with Lysol and then put them in plastic or cloth protective zipper coverings that you can buy at most stores in the size you need...
    Even with new mattresses we have done this...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree with gmasboy... spray the thing down, buy some dustmite killer (Bissle makes some) and a new mattress pad. However I would check it for bed bugs before taking it, just tell them your checking the stitching, lol! If there is anything black in it say NO THANKS, then run and wash your hands! Good Luck!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009