First cereal feeding?

How did your kids do at 4 months when you first fed them cereal?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did great, at first he kinda spit it out, but after a couple of feeding he got the hang of it. Just make sure its not really thick when you first start out.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my daughter did pretty BAD! she didnt know what to think about it so she didnt really open and then pushed it back out with her tongue and so on, so we tried the next day... the same thing, but by day 3 she was doing good! then loved it!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The first time he seemed to like it and did ok, but the last two days he just doesnt seem interested and pushes it back out. Im going to keep trying it with him. But just curious to see how other babys delt with it.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Mine loved it from the get go. He took his first bite...no tounge thrust or anything and opened his mouth for more. We ended up feeding him more than they say to the first time because he wanted more. Now, knowing him even better.....I can see how typical that was for him. The kid eats everything and eats a lot!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My daughter hated the baby cereal! I think she was around 3 months old when we first tried it..she didnt like it at all plain, but mixed with a tiny bit of peaches..she loved it!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I didn't introduce anything until around 8 mos, and he didn't really take to it. He did not eat on a daily basis until about 11 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009