braxton hicks or is this for real

am 34 weeks and2 days pregnant i have been having what i think are braxton hicks contractions ..my stomach gets really tight as a rock and it almost feels like pressure but no pain..... well i am wondering when i should be concerned because for 2 hours last night i kept tack every time i have a bh and it went anywhere from every 2 min to 6 min to 10 min back down to 5 min and this went on for 2 hours i was not up moving around i was in a reclining chair just watching tv and as for today its been the same expect some times it feels a little bit more intense at times i am a fist time mom so i really don't know what to expect i am drinking water and resting like i should some advice would be great and not to mention i am having alot of vaginal discharge with vaginal pain/pressure is this normal should i go and get checked out or am i just freaking out over nothing

scoobakay

Asked by scoobakay at 12:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, they are not consistent. Also, if they go away when you change positions or empty your bladder...do not intensify, follow a pattern, or increase in pressure then they are only braxton hicks
    Anonymous

• 1 braxton hicks arent supposed to hurt, 2 they arent consistant. 3 I dont think its real. Your almoste done hun. try to wait it out.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I WOULD CALL MY DOCTOR IF U FEEL LIKE UR MORE CONCERNED. THATS WHAT I DID. I HAD HER ON SPEED DIAL, AND CALLED HER EVERYTIME I HAD A CONCERN. THEYLL TELL U EXACTLY WHAT U NEED 2DO =) GOOD LUCK!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• There are bh as they are not consistent, however keep an eye on them as they can quickly become real. Keep timing them and see if they are getting closer then I would think that you are getting closer to actual labor. The bh do help to move baby down and get your body for what is to come. Congrats.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• sounds much the same as my situation on wednesday!

i'm 35wks now too... and i went in to L&D, they put me on the stress monitor and gave me a shot of tributiline to stop the contractions. I had a UTI that was causing them, one so slight I didn't even know I had it...

Call your OB, and if you'd rather, call your MW and see if your OB will approve you to be checked. It's too early to have that baby, and if you're having even BH that often they can spur your labor if you're having any other complications.

Please call!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• forgot to mention, my normal discharge more than tripled while i was contracting... I'd call, make a suggestion that you want to get checked for a UTI...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i think its just BH i have been having them sence i was around 32 weeks now im 35 and they keep getting worse but when i went in last week my doctor said im just haveing BH
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009