38 weeks - Pinkish stain on my pantiliner

Sorry for the nasty question, but I am curious - I am 38 wks. with my second child and woke up with a pinkish stain on my pantiliner. It is not my mucous plug. I did have sex yesterday, but it was in the afternoon. I feel no contractions or any symptoms at all. I wiped after urinating right now, and there was no trace of the mystery fluid. Any ideas about this?

jakesmom2233

Asked by jakesmom2233 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Granted I am not a doctor BUT...

Your cervix is thinning and preparing for your delivery. Having sex irrates the cervix enough that it will cause to it bleed some.

When my cervix would be checked for dialation or when I would have sex, I would spot after wards, just like when you have a pap smear.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I started spotting when I was dialating. My doctor said that with your 2nd you tend to dialate then efface so it's possible that it's just due to the change in your cervix. It's good news!
    Anonymous

• I forgot to mention that I am dilated to 1 cm., but I know from the first time that you could be dilated to 1 for weeks!!
    jakesmom2233

Answer by jakesmom2233 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I posted anon above...don't know why. I was dilated to 4 for weeks and I was so mad lol. I had thought that 4 meant active labor but apparently not. You're probably just dilating more which is good!!! Less work to do later :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009