Is it true??

so im 11 weeks prego and i was curious to know if its true about the whole hair dying thing?...should i not do it?

MamaD620

Asked by MamaD620 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No....don't bathe in bleach or hair dye but it's ok to dye your hair
    Anonymous

• Depends on who you ask.... I have known several women that dyed their hair during pregnancy and everything turned out ok, to include their babies.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• what does that mean dont bathe in bleach?
    Anonymous

• No you will be fine.. BUT i tryd it and my hair wouldnt take AT ALL!!!! But ask ur doc (this is for ppl who have no brain and think what everyone is saying is the gods true)LOL Just had to throw that in there..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my mom is a hair dresser and shes said its just fine to dye ur hair
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I asked my doc when I was pregnant, and he said that as long as you are in a well ventilated room then its fine. Just dont do it in a closed bathroom.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My doctor said its fine so long as its well ventilated, but let me warn you, your hair takes differently to dye when you are pregnant. Everything is out of whack in your body, and the color you want may not be the color you get, even if you have had it done a million times before.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I skipped the first trimester, but did dye my hair after...I have to with all my gray...Dr. said it was fine, and the hair dresser made a good point, plenty of hair dressers have healthy babies and they work around it all the time....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I dyed my hair and my son came out with 3 eyes.....

Just kidding! I did dye my hair, but only once. It's supposedly the fumes from the chemicals that are potentially dangerous. My doctor didn't even want me to pump my own gas because of the fumes.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it depends on wich kind you use. if you use one with amonya in it (how ever its spelled) then Dont... but if you use a kind with out then it wont have the fumes... thats ok to use.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009