How long should a 1 month old nap during the day?

Unless we go for a drive the baby only cat naps during the day, although he's pretty good at night. I think the pacifier is to blame, but he loves it too much for me to take it away - he'd flip out!

MyValentine209

Asked by MyValentine209 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was one month he still slept most of the day. At about 6 weeks he started sleeping through the night, and being awake a little more during the day, but id guess he spent about 18 hours sleeping.lol. He still naps about 3 times a day and hes four months old.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my son would sleep for an hour, wake up for 15-20 mins to feed, then go back to sleep.. this was a continual cycle til he was about 3 months old then he started staying up a little longer during the day and sleeping longer periods at night-
    nooneyouknow

Answer by nooneyouknow at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My daughter didnt sleep much during the day as an infant either..She would nap here and there, but never stay asleep very long unless we were driving somewhere. Even now 20 months old she takes one nap a day, but usually sleeps all night long.
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am a mom of two and although at the time I didnt see it when my kids where that age they slept alot they need too babies dont have emunities built up when they are born so they are exposed to all kinds of new germs and surroundings so think about this when you are sick your body shuts down to take care of the germs. babies are doing that for like the first year of thier lives. and at a month old if you really think it is the biki that is the problem take it away yes it quiets him and comforts him but a simple bottle of nursury water can do the same and that way he learns when he sucks he get nutrients. babies are always learning and i personally didnt give my kids biki's because the older they get the harder it is to break them of it and it can cause dental problems later he is brand new and in the next 9-11 months there will be so many changes that this wont even matter - good luck and enjoy him they are blessings
    armymommie

Answer by armymommie at 2:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009