Does anyone else's child seem

to just not think a lot of times? Like when you ask them a question you would be so so certain they would know they have no clue...or they do some really brainless stuff and respond by saying I don't know why I did it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First of all, never ask why they did something stupid. They will always say "I don't know". It seemed like a good idea at the time. Tell them why this was a bad idea. Make it clear it shouldn't happen again. If it's messy, they clean it up. If it's costly, they pay for it or a portion of it. As for brain fog, my son gets that too. We parked on the street in fromt of school one morning and began walking up the hill to his class, when he asked, "Where are we going?" I lauged and said "To school." He said, "Stop laughing at me. I'm tired". Go figure.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• YES!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 12:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Help me then...how can I just accept it if its normal and not get so stressed??
    Anonymous

• Please.. Everyday.. I think its the weather.. LOL Well or the water.. LOL Kids.......
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ye. I agre, my SD is a little annoying these days. lol she just doesn't take her time when doing her home work and that annoyes me. She has to read about a certain subject and then answer the multiple choice questions and if she doesn't know the answer cause she didn't read carefully the first time, she could go back and use the cheat sheet and read it again or just look for the answer and aswer the question right. She will get like 3 out of 6 wrong.All because she just doesn't take her time. ANNOYING!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• You just have to be calm with them... PLUS if they see it bugs ya they will just play with that more... Just nip it in the bud now... Start taking things away cause you dont get a straight answer... They will remmeber asap!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• OMG YES! My daughter STILL does it at 19 years old....my husband and I call it the "Cecily stare"; (Her name is Cecily) it's where you ask a very simple question and it's like all of a sudden she is rendered speechless, mindless, and brainless, but she looks at you with a blank stare....

It is the most frustrating, appalling, offensive thing she used to do.....since we named it the "Cecily Stare" she's done it only a few times. But I used to want to strangle her! I never laughed about it until my husband started to mimick it...gosh it's hilarious now.

When I asked her why she used to do it, she just said it was because she didn't want to have to explain herself or get into trouble. It's a combination of complete laziness and a bit of brilliance.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ugh! My son is so going through that! I really kind of think that it's getting towards the end of the school year and his brain is just fried! He has had so much go on this year (actually past couple of months) that it wouldn't surprise me if his brain has temporarily shut down until summer when he can have several months of freedom and recharge! Or maybe it's Spring fever!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009