When do they start notice

When is not a good idea to let a baby girl bath with her dad. What age do they start to realize body parts and become aware? Right now i know she is too young so no harm, but about what age to you need to make sure they don't see any manly parts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think its a matter of seeing, but rather noticing.

My daughter just tried to grab my SO's manhood in the shower the other day (she is 10 months) and it was the first time. Up until then both of us have been naked infront of her, no problem. Now he makes sure that he has boxers on when she is in the room or in our bed, and won't shower with her anymore.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would never let my baby girl bathe wih her dad! It's just not right. My dh barely ever changes her diaper. Boys fine, but girls No!
    Anonymous

• Wow the above poster is way extreme. I would say when they start to notice a difference. I just recently stopped putting my makeup on naked in front of my 7 year old son. I would say about the age of 2 is a good time to stop. I wouldn't hide it from them because it will cause more curiosity. I feel sorry for the above poster...if my hubby wasnt' helping change diapers and was uncomfortable doing so I would think there was somethign wrong with him.
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine my husband sharing a tub with any of the kids. There just would be no room left once he sits down and standing in the shower with the height difference wouldn't have worked either.... But as for changing in front of a girl, making sure the door is always closed that kind of thing, as soon as he starts to feel uncomfortable or when she reaches out to investigate time is up.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:54 I think you should seriously ask your self if there are some issues that you need to work on. I mean who is not comfortable changing diapers. Is it you not comfortable allowing your husband the father of the child to change diapers. You need to find out why you feel that way. That is what is not approptiate.If you dont trust her father to change her to bathe with her as a baby?
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 20 months old it was just a few weeks ago that she stopped taking a bath with her daddy...unlike some replies to this question..I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Its not sexual in any way and I find it kinda weird that a father doenst even change his baby girls diapers! There must be some reason this doesnt happen..
    Anonymous

• 11:54 does that mean too that i should not nurse my son because of the breast/him being aboy thing? And does that also mean I shouldnt be changing his diapers? Wow that would go over well, sorry baby you have to sit in poo all night cause daddy's at work...

Anonymous