Anyone know any tricks or tips to help my hair grow longer faster?

Ive been waiting & waiting for it to grow out because i miss how long it was, any one know anything or use anything?

SammiTaylorTM

Asked by SammiTaylorTM at 12:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I heard this when I was younger, but didn't really believe it until it happened to me.

I scrub the heck out of my scalp every time I wash my hair. You have to do it with your fingernails though to really stimulate the surface.

To prevent my nails from breaking and softening in the shower, I started using my knuckles to scrub my scalp. Then for several years, my hair stopped growing really fast. (I didn't know why) For some reason, I went back to scrubbing with my finger nails and my hair started growing fast again....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• good nutrition and supplements are a must I have heard pantene shampoo, head and shoiulders and Johnson's baby shampoo tend to make your hair fall out. My hair is growing like crazy since I started taking some new supplements. message me and i will tell you about what I have found.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have never heard of scrubbing with your nail making your hair grow faster, but it is worth a try. Any ideas to make your hair thicker?
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh yeah - many people have told me that prenatal vitamins work great too. You can get them over the counter....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• get all the dead and split ends cut off. it really works
    Anonymous

• try hair & nails vitamins from GNC
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• you're talking to the queen of beauty! For hair growth, yes, cut split ends, take the biotin vitamin or prenatal, and keep your hair pulled tight in a pony tail every day for 6 weeks. I read a ton of fashion mags growing up, I was obsessed with them.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Believe it or not, one of the best ways to get your hair to grow is to cut it! Not a lot - just a little trim once every few weeks to get the dead ends off. Also, vitamin supplements will help keep your hair very healthy. Another tip - don't wash every day. When you shower at night, rinse your hair out well to get anything out from the day, then add a little bit of leave-in conditioner to the roots only. Comb it in with a wide-tooth comb to prevent breakage. Wash it every 3 days at the most - over washing leads to the follicles drying out which prevents your hair from growing as quickly as it should. Here's a wonderful article that you might enjoy:
    http://www.longlocks.com/how-to-grow-long-hair.htm
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009