what is your honest opinion about names with apostrophes in them?

personally i find them a tad annoying and would never use one, but i would never judge someon on it it is their child and they are entitled to use any name they want.. i am just bored and curious as to waht people think

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not a fan.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't understand them.

What I have noticed is people who have names like that always seem to have a chip on their shoulder about it when you mess up the spelling!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• they are phonetically incorrect but to each his own
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I do not understand it.  To me it's another example of parents thinking only of themselves and not what life will be like for their child.  It is not fun to have a name that 99% of the world cannot pronounce or spell correctly.  With that said, to each his own. 

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have never seen a name with an apostrophe. But what I can't help laughing about is there are names , and I mean here in America, people name their child something that we can't even pronounce lol. Sorry but it tickles me because there are some parents who can say it but they forget how to spell it then they turn to the child and ask how to spell it. That happened once when I was in the ER. I looked at my husband and said, "I wonder if shew as really drugged when she had that babby."
    tombheaven

Answer by tombheaven at 1:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't see the reason for it. I also don't see why you would make your kids name so complicated even just with crazy spellings. My son's name is Maxwell and people tried to talk me into naming him Maximillian. That's not really crazy but i still feel bad for a kid learning how to spell it.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• im still laughing about the lady who named her daughter La'a pronounced la-dasha because the dash isnt silent LOL
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think they are tacky and silly looking.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't get them either, but whatever. I don't understand some names people come up with WITHOUT apostrophes. I like traditional names that do not need to be pronounced first to understand what it says ... JMO!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My last name has one in it, I didn't chose it, and whats the big deal??????????????????? Who give a shit!
    Anonymous