What to do for a mouth ulcer?

It is on the inside of the lip. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Try cankercover.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• gargle with mouthwash
    girl4greg

Answer by girl4greg at 3:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ok let's not gloss this over, it is Herpes Simplex I because it is in the mouth and was not passed along by sex. If the kids when they are older have oral sex when the canker is open will pass it along and it will be Herpes Simplex II which is probably why so many people do not think they have it until it passed it along to someone down there and they are like how? Have your doctor explaine it to you on what to do and how to handle it. Much like everything else that come with it stress and other things can make it appear. I had fever blisters when I was a kid and they flared when I had a cold because I would scrape my top lip with tissue because of snot, still I know that it is a virus and if I have it on my face I am not kissing anyone "anywhere"......take care and get the right info from your doctor always first and never think anything like this is benign because Chicken Pox are Shingles in adults and are lethal....
    Shalaseia

Answer by Shalaseia at 7:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree that yogurt does help. Dairy in general seems to help mouth sores or injuries. There is also a supplement called acidophilis that you can take.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Gargling with 50% mouthwash and 50% warm water helps too if you do it a couple of times a day
    Anonymous