Has my baby dropped yet?...

I am 37 weeks pregnant and the other day when I went to the doctor for my weekly checkup they felt his head and it was right in my pelvic area. I didnt ask if he had dropped yet but I cant really tell. I havent had trouble breathing so I wouldnt know if he has dropped or not. Is there any other way to tell? I have heard they usually drop around four weeks before. (Hopefully I dont have four weeks left!)lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my big clue was that my stomach went from being like rock solid to rather soft. I never had problems breathing either but my stomach got so soft I was afraid something was wrong.
    Anonymous

• The only way I knew with my first was I looked in the mirror one day and my boobs weren't resting right on my stomach like they had been. Other than that, some women feel a little extra pressure in their pelvic area, but there's really no way to be sure unless you actually notice a difference. I'm sure there are lots of women out there whose babies dropped without them ever noticing. Sometimes it happens weeks before labor, sometimes it doesn't happen until labor starts, so there's no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009