Would you say you fit this description?

I'm reading this article last night and basically it says...
When marriages and families are facing economic hardships, the women in the relationship tend to start hoarding and hiding money from the spouse as a means of survival for their children and take over the finances completely and also begin to subconsciously withhold sex as a way of not having more children and somehow blaming or punishing the male for not providing for the family.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think right now we are hoarding money together so its a group effort when it comes to saving, as far as sex well having my tubes done pretty much takes care of having another child and actually sex is always a good FREE way to have lots of fun so bring it on lol, however I can see how that article could be true, I watched my mother do this when she knew her marriage was going down the tubes which in that case I dont blame her
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• That's pretty harsh.

I think that is descriptive of a rocky relationship.
    My husband and I work together to keep our family safe.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hrm, well I already hoard because I coupon and stockpile, and not much interest in self-deprivation, so not withholding any sex. If I wanted to punish him for not providing, I'd just trash all his HAM radios (or sell them, we could probably feed a family of 6)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I found the article hard to believe, but if someone does this and doesn't really notice that they ARE doing it, maybe it happens more so than we think.
    I would think the depression and anguish over a deep recession would make everyone apathetic when it came to sex, and everyone want to start hoarding or hiding money.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I stockpile all the time! The clearance rack and I are good friends. Also, I always take care of the money. . .

sex, no, I don't withhold.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Not me, I have always handled the finances. I'm just better at it than he is. There is never enough left after bills to stockpile anything. Witholding sex is a serious offense here, besides I had my tubes tied 2 years ago so it's a non-issue.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have always purchased more food than we could ever actually eat and I already take care of all the finances but my husband prefers for me to deal with the finances. As far as sex, gosh no I would never withold it. I enjoy it way too much! I do not believe that this study was completed with healthy and happy couples.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Um, no to all of it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have an emergency fund in the closet - he gets paid, I put $50 aside. But that goes toward home improvements. I don't withhold sex, I like the sex. I pay the bills already because he is a loon.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• He pays household bills. I pay the business bill.

I handle the investments.

Hysterectomy here, so no child worries. Sex, he still makes my head spin....

WE stock food/supplies together.

I DO have a hidden stash of cash. I have had it since before we married and I have added to it over the years. My marriage is wonderful. I will admit to an insecurity though. My Dad left us when I was 11. He got a new family and never grasped the concept of child support. My Mom had NEVER had a job when he left. She worked 2 & 3 jobs at a time to support us. We NEVER received any PA. If Mom would have had a few dollars hidden away it would have made a world of difference. I do have a plan for my stash. Once my youngest heads to high school my dear husband and I will take a world trip of a lifetime.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009