Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you get 'oil and vinegar' for your salad at a restaurent, what type of vinegar is it?

i know it can be balsamic, but what other kinds are there? i know there is a reddish one. just figuring out how i can duplicate at home. thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by AgentBrez at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 9 (329 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • The reddish one is Red Wine vinegar. It's what I use as well as Balsamic.

    Answer by timelessglass at 1:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

  • At a restaurant it is frequently cider vinegar. There are also red and white wine vinegars, both of which are nice in an oil and vinegar dressing.

    Answer by Bmat at 1:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

  • It depends on the resturant, but it is normal red wine vinegar.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

  • 9 out of ten times its red wine vinegar

    Answer by AnneWilliams at 8:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • thanks everyone, ill have to pick up some red wine vinegar. i already have balsamic and cider.

    Answer by AgentBrez at 9:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.