i still cant get my 10 month old to sleep through the night. what should i do?

he goes to bed at 8pm everynight on the dot. he eats and has a bath right before he goes to sleep, i try keeping him on a routine so maybe he would sleep better. i just recently moved him into a room by himself thinking that his older brothers were keeping him up, but it still hasnt helped

marinewife1987

Asked by marinewife1987 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son didn't sleep thru the night until 8 months old and I thought that was late! My supervisor's granddaughter is 20 months old and still doesn't. She says her kids were the same...she would let them cry it out, and tried all kinds of stuff but nothing worked. With her granddaughter, they just give her a drink and she goes back to sleep.....

She says it just depends on the kid and they may never sleep thru the night.

Good news for you eh?
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• try putting a small fan in his room. This really helped my my dd. I just point it towards the wall. When she wakes up at night, I try to keep her in her crib. If I have to get her out because she won't settle, I take her into the living room with all of the lights off, and rock her on the recliner. When she falls back to sleep, I put her back in her crib. I know it's hard in the middle of the night, but it helps to be consistant with your middle of the night routine too. Also, I would wake her up at 11pm right before I went to bed and I would feed her....kind of top her off.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• DD didn't start sleeping through the night until she was 18 months. It's just not natural for babies to STTN at a young age. Just keep answering their cries and don't neglect them. They have to be taught to comfort themself before they can "STTN".
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I found that by running a fan or little air purifier (white noise) they fell asleep faster and stayed asleep all night long.
    momsanurse2

Answer by momsanurse2 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well, She just starts to sleep through the night a few weeks ago. The thing is you have to give her or his more food during the afternoon. I mean her bottle has to be more because most of the times the cause would be that she is hungry. Try to keep in her crib. Or check her diaper and put her back in her crib. Don't turn on the lights. Don't make any noyse\.
    Dianax

Answer by Dianax at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009