Any one child have a tongue tie clipping?

My son has some speech problems and his speech teacher sugested it. Anyone else expericence this with thief child? Does it help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My dd had it done when she was 1 month old. It healed in 1 day. I was having troubles breastfeeding and as soon as her clipping healed, I had no more problems with bfing. I would recommend it to anyone.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son had it done on day two of his life (had his circ and then tongue clipped in the SAME day! poor guy!) and at least with breastfeeding it has helped immensly! My mom was tongue tied and had her's done when she was 14 and said that it really isn't a big deal. Hurts for a minute and bleeds VERY little. Basically feels like a bad canker sore. Your mouth is the quickest part of your body to heal.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i wish my dh would have gotten it he can barely stick his toungue out lol making out doesnt work very well
    Anonymous

• My friends daughter had it done when she was 2. She was talking right away...it was way harder on the mama in the waiting room than the girl. LOL It was a fast procedure and they needed to do it due to speech delays...it worked!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes it helps a lot. My son had to do speech then they clipped it and he had to have speech again so they could teach him to use his tounge. I felt sorry for him. He had a hard time speaking and could not even lick an ice cream. He had it clipped 3 yrs ago. he is in 5th grade and has finished speech and is doing great. You cant tell there was ever a problem. I would do it again in a sec. I just wish they would have done it when he was younger. as he was 7 when they did it he was scared and it took a few days to heal so he was doing milk shakes and jello.
    momofza

Answer by momofza at 6:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009