My 5 month old daughter rolled off the sofa...She seems fine now She cried ( to be expected ) a few minutes and now is smiling again. I feel terrible is there anything I should do? And yes I know she will not be left alone again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shes fine. my son has fallen off the bed infinite number of times
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• sooner or later im sure they all roll off of something. unless your one of thoes"perfect moms". which im not.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 1:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It happens! Check for bumps on her head and put ice on it if there is one. If she's smiling and acting normal I wouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

• also she is napping is this fine? It is her normal nap time and I think the crying wore her out.
    Anonymous

• Just keep checking on her but I'm sure she's fine. At some point, every baby will roll/fall off something. You are a normal momma!
    my2turkeys

Answer by my2turkeys at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm sure she's fine. Don't worry about it. These things do happen!
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 1:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my oldest fell off his changing table, with me right there with a hand on his belly!! he ended up with a black eye and carpet brun on his face, but he was fine, he is almost 21 and I still tell people when he does something questionable, "Well, he did fall off his changing table at 5 months!"
    My youngest crawled off my water bed when he was 5 months on to my concrete bedroom floor, he cried but he was fine too....he never went near the edge of the bed again tho... they all fal off something someday, and I will tell you , I was one of those mothers that was so far up my oldest's ass that I could tickle his tonsils....he was totally over protected, and he managed to do it..dont be hard on yourself
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm sure she is fine. It is hard when they are that little to see them get hurt but babies are resilant!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I know it was the first time that happened but rest assure it will not be te last. My girls have fell off of everything! No reason to feelguilty but I know you do, but remember she will never remember it. And remember to be prepaired because she will fall and have lots of accidents.
    jamicofer

Answer by jamicofer at 3:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my son rolled off the couch a few weeks ago, he didn;t land on his head though, i felt so bad, picked him up right away cuddled him. I was just reaching for the wipes to change his stinky butt, now i put a blanket on the carpeted floor and change him there, he can't roll anywhere but off the blanket now.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009