how do i cope with my husband dying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Is there a support group at the hospital?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• So sorry to hear that. Enjoy every moment you have with him, talk about everything, tell him you love him, tell him what he means to you, do something together you always wanted to do. Pray. and I'll pray for you to.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Support groups can really help because you are with people that know EXACTLY what you are going through and and help you get through it. It's going to be hard but it's going to get better with time. ((((BIG HUGS))))
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am sorry. Enjoy him while you still have him. Talk, remember old times, laugh with him. Meanwhile, it will help your stress level to get your (and his) affairs in order. Find out where all of your accounts are and all financial matters. Where the safe deposit box keys are and what is in those. Get accounts in your own name, get his power of attorney if you don't have it already.
    This is such a hard thing to think about, I'm afraid that I am crying now. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• im so sorry!!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i'm so sorry
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Enjoy your time together.Act how you normally do, make his favourite foods, do things like how you did on your first dates together.And yes get all the financials together.. you don't want to worry about it when the time is there, you'll be too upset to think properly.And if it's done, you can take in the love of your family and remember him in happier spirits. Death isn't the end, just a new beginning in which you are not ready to start yet. Keep your thoughts open, and your heart warm on his memory. Life will be hard, and somedays you will think your life is over too. It isn't, life is just going ot quietly continue on, and when you're ready to join again..there will be people outh there and on here to welcome you with open arms.Take care, and keep us here on Cafemom in mind when you feel lost or unable to continue on.. I'll be here too if you need some caring words and a cyber space coffee :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• *HUGS* I am so sorry. I don't know what to say... just take one day at a time. Love him, and show him how much he means to you. Enjoy him while he's here!
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sorry. Most hospitals offer free support groups. Check their flyers or go online and fin them. WHere I live there are always programs like that.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Get in touch with Hospice in your local area, they were there for us when My Mom and Dad were dying.. I am so grateful to all the help and support they gave us.. I'm so sorry about your Husband.
    PM me if you want to talk...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009