Would you ever exaggerate to get some assistance?

I am currently pregnant with #3. During my other pregnancies, I had no sympathy at all from my DH. He expected me to be able to help him move furniture, push start cars, and keep the house spotless even when I was on bed rest. He thought I was lying to get out of things. I am supposed to be taking it easy now since I was in ER with cramps and spotting, and I had placenta previa. I get another sono in a few weeks to see if anything has changed. Since I was getting NO kind of help with anything and he looked at me like I was a moron if I said I was tired or sore, I exaggerated. I told him the doctor wouldn't let me go anywhere unless I had to, and that I couldn't be doing much house cleaning. He really said I can't vacuum, but I could do what I was comfortable with. I know if I didn't say that, I'd be left alone to do it all, including taking his Dad all over town all the time. Would you ever do this if you had to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd get my doc to write a note even.
    Why is your DH being an ass about it? I don't see him dealing with any of thses issues for nine months.
    God men are dumb.
    They think it's just "so easy" for us.. to do everything for them.
    I mean if you weren't preggers or anything then w.e but seriously?!?!
    I'd give him a swift kick in the butt and tell him to take his head our of his ass.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes, I would. I think I did do that while I was pregnant. I mena I wasn't expected to do everything but when I didn't feel like cooking dinner I'd exaggerate. LOL
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 1:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hell yeah! Although during all three of my pregnancies I never let my belly hold me down. I still did things (to an extent) I know most people wouldnt while pregnant. But I couldnt take it not being productive, and just sitting on my fat butt all day..lol (kinda still is..lol) But the days I was not in the mood to cook and knew that dinner had to be cooked, I would flop down on the couch and my hubby would ask if I was ok. I would pretend to be sick, or be extremely exhausted just not to cook dinner. LMAO..he was none the wiser!! Hell I do that even now..lol I fake a migrane so he can tend to the kids...lol and I get to jump into bed and just relax..lol
    Anonymous

• OMG yes. i do it all the time and im not pregnant LOL
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL! I still do things, but most of the time I feel like a zombie. I know if I hadn't said anything about needing to stay off my feet, DH would expect me to do it all. I don't get why he doesn't just automatically do things to help out.
    Anonymous

• Luckily I never had to. I made hubby come to almost every one of my doc visits and when she said I needed bed rest because of high bp or whatever else, he was right there and heard everything and was very helpful with whatever needed to be done.
    I had a hard time following the doctor's orders as I hate sitting or lying down all day long, and hubby would be the one to give me shit if I was up and walking or doing something.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009