Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indiana Public Assistance Question

My husband and I just got separated. I will be moving out Friday. I can't work right now as I am 30 pregnant and no one will higher me. I'm in school right now and finish three weeks before my due date. I get $750/month to pay all my bills (rent, electric and water, gas, food, ect) And I'm not sure if I will be able to make it. My daughter drinks at least 2 gallons of milk per week plus is still nursing some. I think maybe I should get on some sort of assistance until I have the baby and get a steady job. What is the difference between WIC and EBT? Which do you recommend. Will I qualify if I make $750/month for me, my daughter, and I'm pregnant? How do I apply and who do I call. How long will it take to get benefits if I am approved and how does it all work?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • 30 weeks*

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

  • I would get ahold of a social agency, Family services or such. They would be able to tell you what is out there for you and will help you fill out forms etc.

    Answer by higherboundmom at 4:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.