how could someone do this?! (i mean the hookers) -- and would you ever do this to your child if they had d.s?

Most mothers would be aghast at the idea of their son getting it on with a hooker or searching for sex online. But not Lucy Baxter; she wants her 21-year-old son Otto, who has Down's Syndrome, to lose his virginity so he can "enjoy the same experiences as other men his age."

"I'd like all my boys to find love and enjoy sex," she said.

"The trouble is, when he goes out on the town to nightclubs and pubs these days his friends get lucky. Otto manages to get off with somebody, a snog or two, but then they don't want any more than that," she says.

The 50-year-old mum helped her son set up a social-networking profile and says she's prepared to send Otto to a brothel in Amsterdam if it comes to that.

CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• A few of his friends suggested it a few months ago and since then I've talked to Otto about it in an adult way," she explains, adding that she'd love it if he found a girlfriend and got her pregnant. "[Becoming a father is] another experience everyone else goes through, so why not him?"

According to Otto, who's also an aspiring actor, "I'm on a mission to find a girlfriend. My reason is I want to have sex." We can't help but root for a man who knows what he wants.

Anonymous

• OP here- i think its disgusting! .... u want ur d/s kid to have sex w/ anyone? lol are u serious? and they really are wondering why he doesnt get further , ummm hello??
    Anonymous

• i think its cute that she wants her son to lead a 'normal' life but the hooker thing is a bit much
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• She's clearly confused about the difference between love and sex.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it is sad. I also think it might be construed as abuse if she is his guardian. Given the fact he is over 18 with Downs syndrome the likelihood is high.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• She just wants her son to be as normal as possible. What's wrong with that? Considering he has downs it will be more difficult for him to find love, but why should he be punished for that?
    Anonymous

• He isn't being 'punished'. He has the right to love and sex and all other things adults have the right for. However, like every other person in the country he needs to find it himself. Mom should be helping him finds groups that fit his interest not acting like his pimp.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

-----------------------
    those people don't need to do that unless they're protected a million % ... what if he does have sex and something happens and she gets pregnant and cant afford an abortion? ... y cant the mother take him to like a club for other d.s people , there he would find a girl just like him who wouldnt mind sleeping w/ him or being his girlfriend

i think its disgusting to be honest
    Anonymous

• Has the woman been living under a rock?? There are places that he can attend and meet people with the same down syndome as he does and then they will be able to relate to each other.. I worked at a school for the mentally disabled and the people there knew how to love, if anything they were the most loving bunch of people I have met in my life... She needs to do some research, find a place for him to attend to meet people, then he can find and have the love he deserves...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• greeneyed grama:
    a pimp makes money off their hoes- in this case she's paying to give him a good time- not pimping him-
    and i believe abuse is when a minor doesnt want it - u cant treat him like a child his whole damn life just because he's disabled- i dont think shes making him- I believe he wants it
    ad that in itself revereses and abuse theroy's just my opinion
    let that boy get some booty
    Anonymous