Only got one answer in it's section..I NEED "BEEN THERE" MOMMY ADVICE PLEASE!!! *TEAR*

So my 7 month old WILL NOT nap anymore.
This has been going on all week and it's getting tiring. She usually goes for a nap at 1pm and wakes up at 3pm, happy and refreshed. Lately she hasn't been napping and is SUPER cranky by 4 and WILL NOT SLEEP!!! Even getting her to bed is a chore.. she just screams and yells for me to get her. She won't even sleep at night. Normally she wakes up once at 12am and then at 6am and then again at 9am for the day to start. Nope she wakes up every hour now.. I can't take this!! I've tried all the things Ican think of, feeding right before bed,calming bath soap,no nap at all,palying her out,taking walks,even just cuddling! Nothing is working!!
What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
Has anyone else had this problem?!?!?
S.O.S!!
I need help!!!
I don't think my sanity can take anymore of this not sleeping.. for her or me.
(SO has to work so he's not home during the day, and sleeps through the crying LOL)

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• continued - She's teething and I've tried all of that stuff too! I just don't know what's wrong.. took her to the drs..nothing. She's not constipated, she's fed..ugh I'm stressing out!! I just can't seem to figure out what the issue is.. :(
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• have you tried CIO?
    youngmommyx2

Answer by youngmommyx2 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Have you tried giving her motrin for her teething?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i heard that when their body is going through changes, like teething, then their sleep pattern gets all out of whack. yes i have been through this before and am still going through it- my son is 8 months old and i can count basically on 1 hand the number of times he's slept through the night. its just something you gotta get through and be prepared for- dont expect a miracle. since you've tried basically everything, thats the only option. his pediatrition did tell me to feed him yellow foods when i brought up the not sleeping subject- so try that!
    Anonymous

• Don't do CIO. If you want to know how great that is, google the Harvard CIO study.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You said she is teething?? That is probably the reason for it.. She is in pain. She doesn't mean to be this way. She can not help it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• hopefully when her teeth come in, she'll be back to sleeping. Just give motrin and cold things to chew on and carry her and hold her a lot until she's through all the pain and misery.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yea, she's on motrin right now, and homeopathic teething tablets from the health food store (great things really)..I just gave her one tablet, and a shot of motrin about an hour ago..still nothing..she only stops crying if I'm holding her..right now she's clinging to my neck as I type this..
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You're not doing anything wrong. This is just what happens with kids....my dd was the same way and I felt like I was going to go crazy. Here's what you do: 1st, accept that she may not take a nap that day. Once you can accept it instead of trying for hours to get her down, it makes it easier. Be sure to have a SOLID routine. Every nap and every evening we read books, get ice in her water sippy, say good night to the clock, horses, piano, doggy, daddy (a picture if he isn't home) and then I lay her down in her crib. At first this was tough because we decided the cry it out...but it only lasted a few days and now it's SO SIMPLE. Try the Humphrey's teething tablets....they are natural and they help calm them down. BE CONSISTANT....your dd will take naps again don't give up....she is just in pain right now. CAR RIDE will do the trick. gl
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• give her 3 or 4 teething tablets....if it's the humphreys...
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009