Separation anxiety with a 6 month old

My dtr seems to have separation anxiety with me when I lay her down for a nap. She goes to sleep fine but wakes up at the 45 min. mark crying. I thought it was for different reasons, but my husband, who took care of her yesterday, had no issues with her naps. He laid her down for her first nap today, and again, she slept just fine. When I laid her down for her second nap, sure enough, she woke up after only 45 min. What can I do to help her stay asleep, or at least go back to sleep? I know she's not ready to get up. If I pick her up, she is just plain exhausted all day and is grumpy at night.

Mary52999

Asked by Mary52999 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When u find out let me know. My dd does the same thing. Sleeps for 2-3 his for him about 45 min for me. If I feel she's not done sleeping ill just hold her for the rest of her nap. Its worth it to not have a little grumpy butt.:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009