Does anyone else get sad when they put there child to be?

Hello Everyone!
Just for fun I'd thought that I'd ask this question to see if anyone else experiences what I do. I'm very curious.
When I finally put my little girl to bed I'm like wooooe time to relax and finally get a brake, but then you start to feel sad and wish that you could just wake her back up and get them out of bed for a tea party or something along those lines. You don't really want the fun to end. (I know I'm immature)
Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only Mom who wants to sometimes stay up all night with there child/children and just play and have fun sometimes?
Please do let me know your thoughts. Do you think that I'm crazy or is this the norm for most Moms?

beccasmomabcd

Asked by beccasmomabcd at 2:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • If you're crazy, then so am I. I feel the same way with my 2 year old son. I especially feel sad when I leave him at daycare in the mornings, I wait and wait all day til 5 o'clock rolls around so I can go get him. I don't think we are crazy, we just love our babies. Have you read the book "I'll Love You Forever"? That is a book my Mom got me when I was little and she got me a new book when my son was born, anyway, I am so that Mom in the book, sneaking into his room. We are trying for another baby now and I have said that I can't imagine ever loving another baby as much as I love my little boy but people have asured me that there will be room in my heart for all my babies. You're a great Mom for wanting to spend so much time with your baby, she's a lucky girl!
    Alison79

Answer by Alison79 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I feel the same way. I can't wait to get out by myself on Saturday when my hubby watches our two year old son, but I can't help thinking about him the whole time.
    I get teased that I go shopping for myself and come back with only things for my son.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Nope! Never wake a sleeping child and enjoy evey break I get! It's me time once dd goes to sleep. When she's up she at my side non stop. Once she goes to sleep I can finally eat dinner, sit with hubby and enjoy the quiet.
    Anonymous

• Well whenever i cant sleep I just look at him sometimes and think man, wake up already lets play. Then if I'm tired and want to sleep I'm relieved that he's asleep, or when I am stressed and want to relax I'm just happy he's fast asleep
    Anonymous

• I am the same way. Do you work outside the home? I think many people who do feel that way. I feel like I only get two hours a day with my son, and those two hours are mainly spent feeding him, changing clothes and bathing him. :( I love when I have a day off to spend the entire day with him! I can also certainly understand a SAHM feeling like it is her break time after bedtime, too.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hello everyone! I'm so glad that I'm NOT the only one that feels this way. Thank you so much everyone and please keep the comments coming. I don't feel so crazy anymore cause now i know that I'm not the only one..
    Holly
    beccasmomabcd

Answer by beccasmomabcd at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ha! I'm so glad someone posted this because I feel the same way... my daughter goes to bed at 8 and by 8:45 I'm like "Hm.. I miss her, I wish i could play with her right now" and also at work I think about her, I even leave work early so I can spend more time with her before her bed time.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• What time do your kids go to bed? Maybe that has sometime to do with it. I work outside the home and don't get to spend a lot of time with her but sure am glad when she does go to bed. She doesn't usually go to bed til after 9 and I went to be in bed by 10 and still have time to eat dinner. It's tough to balance. I really hate dropping her off at day care though.
    Anonymous

• I enjoy putting my son to sleep because I rock him to sleep every night, I love just getting to hold him. Just last night I was getting ready to get in bed myself and went to check on him before doing so. When I looked over at him I got butterflies in my stomach because he is so beautiful and I just love him so much! In fact I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him!
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009