My 2nd grader has to make a desert diorama, any ideas on how to start?

AnKsMommy

Asked by AnKsMommy at 2:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Can a med size shoe box be used? do you have a supply list that they have to use? I have done them with play sand glued to the bottom of a shoe box and have added items made out of paper or even real small rocks that are found in a dessert... Look up pics online and use those as guide... Or on a large poster board you could also draw and add things to make it 3 dimensional
    Good Luck and have fun...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• put paste on the bottom of the box and stick sand on it. Then some pebbles and small stones scattered around. A few dead twigs. If you can find a tiny fern, you can pretend it is a palm and put a few in one part to make an oasis- put a little blue paper right there mostly under the sand to look like water in the oasis. A few cactus- only I can't think how to make them other than cardboard cutouts.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009