What did you want to be when you grew up?

Do you have regrets or are you happy with the way things turned out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Rich
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• An architect.

I'm happy with my choice of career before I had my son (scientific glassblower) and now that I'm a mom, I'm happy with my choice of career: SAHM.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be a chef, then a lawyer, the a interior desginer, then a shoe designer.
    I then became, and out of hte "jobs" I've had this is my fav, SAHM.
    But when DD goes to school I'm going back to school to be a hairstylist. :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Cindy Brady =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• An artist. But, that isn't going to happen now.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• A teacher. Although when I student-taught I didn't like it very much. I am some happy and some unhappy. I quit my job to raise my children, and I like the work I do now with older people, but I regret that being out of the job market for so long that the 6 years I spent at university were mostly wasted, and of course I lost a good amount of the job skills and all the seniority that I had. I could be making good money right now and we'd have a big house and go on nice vacations and have much more money saved towards retirement. On the other hand, I loved being at home, and I love what I do, even though I don't make much money, I love the people I work with.

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be a mom and a vetrenerean
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Honestly I always wanted to be a SAHM, I am proud to say I have achieved that goal :)
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• A Godly wife and mommy...that's all. I never had a desire for a "career" or going to college.

I am not disappointed with how things turned out. God blessed me with what I wanted sooner than I thought. I got married last September at 18 and got pregnant before my birthday which was a month after we were married. So, we have a honeymoon baby on the way, due in July. So far things are going great.
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 3:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be a doctor, but changed my mind in college. Do not regret that decision at all.

I do, however, day dream about leaving my current job to be a travel writter..... not like that can happen with a house and family now... but the fantasy gets me thru the tough days. =)
    Anonymous