I am having a tough time potty training my 23 month old. he shows interest but then I was told to get pull ups and that set he back because he started treating them like diapers and stopped trying what can i do to get his interest back

jayjay225

Asked by jayjay225 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have him pick out his Big Boy Underwear. Explain to him that when he has on his Big Boy Undies he has to go potty! He may wet himself a few times but he will catch on. He will not like the feeling of being wet!

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 3:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• big boy pants. if you are concerned about messes, get a cover, or put a pull up over the big boy pants so he still feels it when he goes.
    Anonymous

• Love the answer above mine from anonymous. That's a smart way. Big boy underwear works GREAT! They feel it when it's wet and can't stand it!! You'll need to buy LOTS unless you're already doing laundry at least once a day!! For me the laundry thing got expensive, so we just rinsed the soiled undies and let them dry, then put them in the laundry hamper. Now we only have to do laundry twice a week =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009