What have your kid(s) been to the ER for?

My oldest son was 2 1/2 and fell into our fireplace hearth, busting up his mouth pretty good. Loose front teeth and split lip, bloody nose. It was scary. Thankfully that's been it and with 2 boys, I feel lucky!

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 3:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oy, you just motivated me to finally get the fireplace hearth safety foam thing....that thing scares me to death! This past Thanksgiving my DD was spinning in the living room and fell and hit the TV console just so and split her cheek right under her eye, had to get 5 stitches. I hope that's it!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My middle son went to the ER at our local Childrens Hospital for Asthma/pneumonia when he was 3, stayed in the hospital for 3 days after....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Let's see here...my oldest had several visits due to high fevers. We're talking 105 and up. My youngest has only been once and it was when he had Rota Virus. We were in the waiting room for 3 hours while he was vomiting and getting diarrhea all over me (I was covered!!), 2 hours in the room and then he was admitted to the Children's Ward for a week and a half. We almost lost him that day. He was so dehydrated. He couldn't keep his eyes open, he hadn't peed in 3 days and his blood was sludge. And to think, I had already taken him to the pediatrician twice that week and was told he was okay and not to bother with the ER b/c they would just send him home. Needless to say, we no longer go to that pediatrician!

Luckily, neither of my son's have been in for stiches or broken bones. **knock on wood**

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My oldest was taken in for an asthma attack when he was 4, only we didn't know that he was asthmatic, that's when he was diagnosed. He is the quiet, reserved one. Now my 2.5 year old is another story. He is a little daredevil, will jump on or off anything, has actually tried to climb a tree and we are anticipating many, many trips to the ER with him. Please everyone pray for me, I don't know if I'm going to survive this one.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 3:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my DD was 18 months and I fell down the stairs holding her and never dropped her but when I hit the stairs her leg got caught under mine and broke...
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my son turned 4 Nov1st and has only been to ER once. my MIL was watching him while i was at work and she took him out of his carseat and stood him next to her. Apparently when she went to close the door he put his hand in the way and she slammed it on his thumb. About that time he was probably2. They xrayed him and he just bruised his thumb...nothing more..thank goodness!
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• OMG....with 6 boys where to begin. We have never had a broken bone but at least 600+ stitches between them all. Now my youngest has cardiac issues and I'd rather deal with stitches! we've been to ER 15 times since September, still no end in sight.
    mom2-5boyz

Answer by mom2-5boyz at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• two boys for broken bones and one girl for smashed fingers
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have three boys 2 and under. I'm sure we'll be well known eventually. DH wants them to be surfers and I'm like ahhhh, nooooo.
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• A few times, once for high fever, nausea and vomiting. another time for staph infection.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009