I need help please

Okay so this is my first baby and I'm 39wks I was just wondering what contractions feel like. I was checked by my doctor just a couple days ago and I was 1cm but for the last hour my stomach has been getting really really hard and all the pain I'm feeling is very low it's not in my stomach but more in my bladder and its not just a fast sharp pain it's lasting about 30 seconds and I can barely walk though them anymore. Is what I'm feeling contractions? I was told that contractions feel like cramps but this isn't really a cramping. If you guys could help that would be great. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you could be in VERY early labor. Try timing the pains...write down the times. the beginning of the first one, then the beginning of the next one, etc.
    You also could be having back labor. still time the pains if you can, and give your doctor a call and see what they suggest.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• contractions feel diffrent to diffrent women, some dont have pain, they just have a tight feeling...Best I can tell you is time them, if it is regular and a pattern you just might be in labor.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would call the OB department and talk to them they will tell you what to look for and when you should come in to be checked
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sound like it!!! Congrats!!!!
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sounds like early labor to me! They will likely get more intense and more frequent. Start timing them to see if they are regular and getting more frequent.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Time them. I wouldn't go in until they're pretty close together, sitting in a hospital room sucks. I like to be at the hospital maybe an hour if that before I start pushing. But labor feels different for everyone, this could be it. Or it might not. Time will tell.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009