How can I stop drinking so many soft drinks?

I really need some advice on how to get off soft drinks......My work provides water so it's not like I'll have to go and buy anything, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you can MAKE yourself drink water for a couple of weeks, then your body begins to crave it.

You can add flavor to your water, I like the lemon flavored tea kind.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Start adding plain soda water to the soft drinks a bit more each day until you're just drinking soda water. The fizz will make you think you're not deprived.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I limit myself to one pepsi a day, yes it is hard but its just something you have to set your mind too, I have to have at least 1 or I will get a headache, you might have them too once you cut back..But all in all, there is nothing I can say that will help you stop, just set your mind to it, and when you really really want one, get busy doing something else to help you mind switch gears.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• buy those small cans of soda and limit yourself to like one or two of those a day slowly removing it from your diet or reducing it to like 1 or 2 a week.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Buy some mix-ins for the water at work?
    At home I like to add some lemon juice or I do 2/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of cranberry juice.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I also only allow myself 1 a day. I drink water with all my meals and if I go out to eat I have tea or water. Usually water because I don't want to pay $2 for a drink. It is hard but I also like the flavor packs but limit those too because they all have artificial sweeteners.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have no more than one can a day. I pour half in a glass and and plain water to fill the glass. I have soda flavor in the water and not as much fizz or additives. Later on I'll have the other half of the can plus plain water.

Answer by Bmat at 3:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I just don't buy them. I know that if I have Dr. Pepper in the fridge I will go and mindlessly grab one. I just stopped buying it and replaced it with bottles of water. I don't do well with water from the tap or jugs of water...I know buying the individual bottles is wasteful...but I have to have something to carry around with me to replace the soda bottles...and bottled water does that for me. I also buy the K2O protein water packets and when I am bored of just water I add that to a bottle of water. They taste good and don't have any bad after taste to them. Try it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I switched to flavored seltzer
    sugarmagnolia1

Answer by sugarmagnolia1 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Just stop buying it and stop drinking it... eventually your body will stop craving it... I don't drink soda anymore... maybe one every couple months for like 8 years now... of course I never drank it daily.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2009