• In the Spotlight:

Anyone try those multi-flower Garden rolls/mats?

I keep seeing these things where you roll out this mat that contains various seeds and you just water and they are supposed to grow lots of flowers in that area. Have you had success with these?

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 3:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Excellent question, I'm curious too.... =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Seems every catalog that comes has these but I've never known anyone who tried them. Almost sounds too good to be true. Sure hope somebody can give us the inside info.
    GrannyLynn

Answer by GrannyLynn at 6:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I did one for wild flowers, some of them came up others didn't. It was really patchy looking.. but the area I put it in was really shady and I just wanted to give it a little color, and got it for a gift so I wouldn't go by my experience. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I hated it. Complete waste of money. All I grew was weeds that were probably there before the mat ever was.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I loved it. We have done it a few times.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009